Born to be a trucker

They say this: that within 5 years, all 18 wheelers will be robot driven, courtesy of that savant character, whose stock seems to fall daily, Mr. Musk. It's still getting great press. Hmmmmm.

No more truckers? They're my heroes, they've always been. Most of the great country music is based on it. How could we live in a world without them?

When coal miners no longer risk their lives in mines, I feel like that will be cool. I could be wrong. I'm wrong all the time. Later I'll read this and think, "how dumb could I be?" but oh well. Oh truckers, I'll miss you most of all!

The world needs jobs for renegades. For free thinkers, and introverts. It needs a place for those who like to hang their worries on each tree or electric pole they cross, delivering their worries to nowhere. We need them. Sure, some of them are serial killers. Some of them "take the meth." But the best drivers on the road are professionals. How do we replace that kind of knowledge? What will we lose? Where do we put the dudes who come back from incredible stress in foreign wars who just need the comfort of the road?

Lakes are good, rivers better. Because they flow. We flow. We need to in order to heal these grievous woes of living in a modern society. We've reformed to accommodate soooo many people. It causes us grief; we need to be with the others, help them, enjoy them, but we need to be apart in order to grieve our losses sometimes. This causes a disparity -- having so many people, that I travel around, and there's nowhere to be ALONE. Very few places I can even let the dog off the leash. I'm sure I'm missing some-- there's the places the locals know. I'll get better at it, but it feels like--

We really accommodate others. They'd perhaps not like my dog bouncing up to them for pets. Perhaps they've had childhood trauma with dogs... or... whatever. I understand why people don't want to accommodate and accommodate and accommodate, why they yell "snowflake!" because sometimes we just need to be free, for heaven's sake, and there's so many boundaries. There are the logical boundaries, private property, etc, and the social boundaries (has my joyous dog who just wants to bounce around off a leash for a little bit offended your delicate sensibilities by wanting you to pet her?) and I think the second is what people -- regular people, just to the right, are responding to.

The long and short is that I now see both sides-- I get it. I was raised in rural Nebraska and then ran off to some pretty liberal places. There's a meeting place, in the middle somewhere. I found it when I stopped listening to the news. I just talked with people I didn't agree with, and listened to what they had to say rather than having a huge hissy fit. Many of us liberals are very capable of those. "But... But, our news sources are different, better!" Are they? Or are we all falling for a scam that divides us so that we can be conquered? We need to do as the music people do: more listen, less yelling.

Let's come together, dudes. Let's fight for what's RIGHT: less enormous bills for people who are fighting incredibly tough medical battles (where the bill should be the last thing they think of), more stuff for veterans who serve our country and are willing to die for us, whether or not we like the person who directed them there; let's fight for the working class and the blue collar, their success is ours, and let's let the super rich pay all these fucking taxes. You agree with me, right? It's not that you're "actually a liberal," or that I'm "actually a conservative," it's only that we've been misled into taking sides over stuff THAT DOESN'T MATTER. We mostly agree, and that's why the politicians fear us-- our power together-- to divide us. Let that sink in. We ALL AGREE. We ALMOST ALL want better for people who suffer. The conservatives just take better action at comforting those who suffer on a local level. They do. I saw it many times over with my own eyes.There, I said it.

But liberals, on the other hand, they're largely in cities. They know that they can't handle other peoples' struggles on a personal, local level. They don't know what those struggles are exactly, except that they're willing to identify with other peoples' suffering. So they're cool with welfare; we don't need more people on the streets, just because they're not from a small, local environment.

You see? We all agree. We (most of us) truly want what's best for our fellow humans. If we started THERE, rather than at the super weird disagreements and arguments we're currently having (look at them closely, they're STUPID arguments!), we'd totally come together. There's no doubt, my friends, whether conservative or liberal.


Comments

Popular Posts