You can love Floyd, but he might not love ya back.

 I wish I could tell you brilliantly glowing and happy stories every single day. People do that on Facebook. Only say the good things, and that's good in a way, I don't want to know all the bad things, but from time to time, it's okay to get a little discouraged. I mean, the world is like that. Chasing your dreams is like that. Sometimes I mention something and somebody tells me an idea I'd never considered, which changes everything! Sometimes I need the wisdom of crowds. Somebody  out there has run into this before and conquered it, no doubt! I need that person to throw me a great idea.

The newest quandary: I love it here and want to stay, but it's sticky to say the least. The town is very small, 425 people. There aren't any rentals within miles of here. The real estate company said that they get 3-4 calls a day looking for a monthly rental. I'm curious if this is another case where AirBnb, which should be an AWESOME thing, is ruining getting a monthly rental-- because they can rent it 5 nights a month and make what they would with a long term rental, and temporary renters are easier in some sense; they just bring in a bag and leave in a few days, not using much or taking a property toll (unless they totally suck and purposely destroy stuff).

There's an option to buy land, but much of it doesn't have septic, well, electric. These are things I'm unsure about installing in this distant land. I don't want to get something and figure out I can't install this stuff. It's pretty important.

Temporary rv spots are 30+ night, which will start adding up. Once the festivals start in 2 weeks, I'll be unable to find a spot within 30 miles. There are monthly rv spots, but they're all taken. The sweet dude who works here says there's a looooong waiting list for a monthly spot.

Is it a sign? Does it mean that I shouldn't stay, that fate doesn't look kindly on this idea to live here? Or do you say things like, 'nothing happens without effort.' I'm going to keep trying, but if Floyd kicks me out, it's sort of unclear if I'll be able to chase him. I thought I'd finally found a "man" who wasn't going anywhere, you know? But he's NOT going anywhere, I might be.

I have this idea that what you're looking for wants you too, and that mountains will move, fate will line up to help you get the thing you want and need. But I can't figure out if I try to 'force' a situation here or just move on. Is moving on giving up? What if it was just asking for me to hold out hope and believe in the dream? Or does it mean it's just not meant for me, and the thing you should do in that situation, they say, is just let go.

Plenty of places have monthly spots. Like, super sucky places. I don't think that divine intervention brings people to places that have plenty of openings, just lack of try. So... what? Keep going til I'm out of $30/night money? That's 900/month. UGH. I definitely can't afford to live here long at that rate.

I could befriend someone who has land; lots of people live on multiple acres, but then where does the poo go? Maybe get electric panels for power and shit in the woods? This seems like a bad option. But I guess sometimes you have to suck it UP to get what you want, right?

And the Dodd Creek thing I talked about in the last post? Well, the last guy who lived there in a mobile home got washed away in a flood. Oops! They called it the 100 year flood, but it could happen tomorrow or not for another 100. Feels like a big gamble. But that place had electric, septic, well. Oh well.

I'd rather die than move back to Bumfuck where there's not a single man for 60+ miles. I mean, okay, there are single men, but who wants to pick between:

Peter Pan (I never want to grow up, no sireeeee)
Meth
$1000/month Busch Light habit (that's a LOT of Busch Light, people)
"Oh, did I forget my wallet again?" .... forgets to say thank you.
OR the worst one of all: "I have an arsenal, a bunker and a tinfoil hat, want to join me for a conspiracy theory party? We're the only ones coming because I don't trust anyone."

hahahahahaha, there have to be sane men somewhere. THERE HAVE TO. I did meet one, a while back, but he's moving away from that area too. And I'm not much for chasing. Seems to end badly.

Comments

Popular Posts