Henceforth, I shalt start a new tribe...

 I saw a guy post something and he started it with "henceforth" and it got me to thinking that I don't use that word enough, so here we are. A woman emboldened enough to use a word.

  Getting the epilepsy diagnosis completely freed me. I used to wake up the next morning and review entire social gatherings and then beat myself up over things nobody even cared about, because I'm mostly a "it's all fun and games and nobody hopefully gets hurt" type. The best people are the ones you go to with your apology, and they are like, "Are you kidding? Watching you pretend to be dead to see if the vultures would circle you" was the best part of my week!"

  And it made me think that we could all be free, if we applauded our idiot moments. For example, we could get badges like the Girl Scouts for every bizarre social interaction we create, so long as no feelings are hurt. Then, a traveling trophy for the person who comes up with and pulls off convincingly the strangest moment in a group dynamic. 


Bizarrely beautiful things always get me.  

I'm massively manifesting my tribe called Cowgirl Collective, where we live tiny, together and have a 501c3 or something like that on 20-40 acres and host single women who can't afford rent AND horses here, and we all work together like Non Profit Yellowstone to make the land a beautiful and suitable place for people to live, work, grow and heal together. And for horsewomen it means you can leave town for a few days and still have people you trust to take care of your horses. And at least one structure will be designated to host a person running from an abuser like a safe house. The place will have minimal impact on the land, be very modest and work with the land, rather than destroying it. We'll share a kitchen and a living space in a community "house," while everyone can choose to bring in their own tiny house or build something small and efficient. Everyone gets a vote in the decisions about who gets to live there and who doesn't. 

Is there anyone out there with a suggestion for me? I already have two people onboard, one who already has the tiny house. We'll all pay modest rent, less for those with their own homes obviously, which, in any struggle can just be worked off if someone loses a job or gets too injured to work for a while.  We could apply for grants as a non profit, and there is a lot of support right now for efforts to save our girls and women. Nothing has ever grabbed me or called out to me like this does. If I HAVE to, I could sell my house, because it's paid for completely. We built small and smart, and while we've been talking to people who are paying 400-800 a month just in utilities, ours is only $50 per month because of the way we built it, using a wood stove in the winter for heat and not needing a/c in the summer because we're under these big beautiful oak trees and have an updraft in this spot running a breeze through the house all summer. Only once did we use a small window a/c unit for a few months, but that was a really hot summer. This past summer, we never even got out the a/c unit.

I just need to understand the ins and outs of whether it's best to do as a non profit, or to sell my house (but I could rent my house and seriously afford to be able to do the building and fencing I'll need to get done), or if I find "investors" in my idea, or... yeah, I'm more compassionate than business minded. The "how to get this done in the best way and not have to live in a van down by the river for a few months" is the situation. But honestly, if that's the ONLY situation, Shute, I'll live in a van down by the river for a few months. I survived "snake camper with no heat" in 2018, I totes got this.












Comments

Popular Posts