Life's a grand adventure, or nothing!

 That's a thing Annie Dillard said, that "life's a grand adventure or nothing." When they said I couldn't get by on an old story, I'm creating a new one, in real life again.

My dream is coming true now, to protect women from traffickers who are chasing them. We gonna live in a holler, build our houses on the soil down close to the river

And learn the ways of the bears and the birds, and I'll go out in a gunfight on my steed to protect those who can't protect themselves

It's the only life I know

If I went out any other way, life would be pointless

We can shelter in place, here in the land of the brave and free,

Or, just the once, we can be brave and free

Living and dying for everything we believe in

And if it's not enough, I'll be alright with that

I've answered my call, can't account for the rest


Comments

Popular Posts